Pages

Saturday, October 18, 2014

Page Breakdown part 3.

Yay!!!! Finally had a little time to add the finish touches. This is the part that pulls the page together.



As mentioned in my first post I used 3 different challenges for my inspiration.

1. http://123getscrappy.blogspot.com. I used the middle row of the tic tac toe board. "Polka Dots" inspired the Circles and embossed stamped circles behind the picture. "Pumpkin" inspired the color. Used pop dots under the butterfly. I would have used them under the journaling strips but I didn't have any thin enough. 123getscrappy is also looking for a 2015 design team! I have yet to cross that off my scrappy bucket list, so I will humbly apply. You never know! Follow the link if you would like to submit your projects as well!

2. http://scrap-challenge-yourself.blogspot.com The affirmation on my page is about our Family. Often times our family is the ones we treat the worst. Not because we intend to, they just get the brunt of all frustrations. We can all use a reminder to do all the things stated here.

3. http://color-me-scrappy.blogspot.com I used the sketch and color scheme for layout and color inspiration. This sketch has a lot of possibilities!!

When adding the details,  To pull the page together, stitched a frame around the entire page. Added a fabric border misted with brown ink under the bottom of the picture.

I inked some chocolate ink over the stenciled gesso circles to tone them down a bit. Then doodled a circle around them.Added the piece of left over pattern paper. Amazing all the pattern paper came from one 4 x 6 piece.

I still wasn't entirely happy with the circle areas, just felt to bold.  I wanted something light and airy that didn't totally cover them up, but toned them down as well. I quickly cut some circles from Tulle layered them up and voila! Pretty little tulle flowers. Love that you can buy a nice size roll for $1 at Dollar Tree! Cheap and fun, right up my alley!


I really enjoyed working with these challenges! Great thing about challenges is they push you out of your comfort zone while inspiring you at the same time. Win, Win!

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Saturday! It is a pajama kind of day here in the Highland house. Tyler and his Girlfriend have plans tonight, Emily is going to a friends, Zane is hunting, then going to a buddies for steak and male bonding. I will be embracing the quiet alone time!

10 comments:

  1. Love this layout!!! Love the stitching, the colours and that cool journalling idea! Thanks for joining our challenge at 123 Get Scrappy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, love that stitching! Thanks so much for joining us at our layout challenge at 123 Get Scrappy! :) Good luck for the application ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your circles ! Very nice layout ! Thank you for playing at CMS !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done Angie! Love those circle behind the photo. Your affirmation is perfectly scrapped! So glad you joined us at Challenge YOUrself :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is so pretty, love that gorgeous embossing! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great page angie:) Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your wonderful affirmation, Angie! I really like the clever way you did your title. Your layout is awesome. Thank you so much for joining in on the fun at Challenge YOUrself!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! I love all the details and techniques on your layout. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful creative layout Angie! Love how you combined the title and journaling and all the little details. Thanks for playing along with Challenge Yourself this month.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great creation! Thank you so much for playing at 123Get Scrappy! Please email me at forcrafting{at}yahoo{dot}com. It is regarding our DT call. :)

    ReplyDelete