Pages

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

It's Tuesday! That means another Technique How-To

Last night while pondering what to do for the Scraproom sketch challenge, I came up with this fun idea! I am sure I am not the first to try this out, but I have never tried or seen this done. It kind of continues on from last week on making your own pattern paper, only this is with dry embossing.

First.... Cut a few random strips of paper in various widths. I chose scraps from the Elemental papers and used 1/2" to 1" strips.

Layer and adhere your strips together.

Run them through your cuttlebug in an embossing folder. I chose a stampin up' one I haven't used yet and have been dying to play with. You may need to run it through from both ends to cover the length of your strips.


Here is what it will look like after your piece is embossed. It is a bit tough to see the texture in the picture.


I then sponged Lagoon ink lightly over the surface to ink the raised parts.


I am so excited to use this on my page! Hopefully, I can finish it up tomorrow. I love the look of this!



1 comment: