Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Times are changing

Phew! What a day. After 8 years home, Zane's first day of work was yesterday. On September 2, 2003 there was a moment in time that changed our lives forever. Zane was in a very bad car accident that left him with several ongoing medical issues. Our lives were turned upside down in an instant, everything we knew was no more.

Yesterday marks another huge adjustment in our lives. Zane has decided to try and work again. I am so proud of him for this huge decision. I am praying everyday that he can do it both mentally and physically. I feel so blessed he has been given an opportunity. For me it is about him building on his confidence, the social aspect and him gaining a sense of purpose.

Now keep in mind, for the last 8 years he has kept the household chores under control. He has been here everyday with Tyler and Emily. We are all very spoiled, especially me. When I come home from a long day at the office, he has dinner made and there is very little I have had to do around the home front.

Yesterday marked the day the kids had to fend for themselves all day. I had a couple drama moments with Emily over the phone. Tyler was late for Band Camp and I had to make dinner after a long day of work. This will be an interesting adjustment for us all.

When I finally sat down in my craft corner I had no energy to pick any new papers, or tackle the start of a a layout. I used the papers still laying there from the last layout I did, the same stamp set, and even the scrap of cardstock for the card base. Easy Peasy! No thinking involved.


A little Sweet leaf ink, some stickles, ribbon, and bling!

Enjoy your day and please say a little prayer for us during this adjustment.

Angie

2 comments:

  1. You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing, I will agree :) You are SO AMAZING because I really love what you did with this card using the 7 gypsies Mykonos line! I really love this line, but have yet to create my quilted beach layout that has been running circles in my head for months now.

    ReplyDelete