Pages

Sunday, July 24, 2011

July 2011 Stamp of the month plus a little sneak peek..........

This was a fun layout to put together. I used a sketch based on a layout by Suzy Plantamura on page 71 of the March / April 2011 issue of Creating Keepsakes.

Pg.1
The pattern papers are from 7 Gypsies. I love the bright summer colors! They fit my scrapbooking style..... Very busy and layered! The red cardstock border was designed on the Gypsy with a border on the Martha Stewart elegant cake cartridge.

Pg.2
The title is cut with the Cricut using the Printing Press Cartridge. This is my first time using it and can tell already it will be a favorite font. That is until I get the new Close To My Heart Art Philosophy Cartridge in my hands. Which I ordered today! Shhh...... Don't tell Zane. LOL!

Both pages together...

The border stamped around the page is a little sneak peek at one of the images in the Close To My Heart August Stamp Of The Month set. To lighten it up some, I stamped a little splot from the CTMH Enjoy Life set. I really like the effect of this. They almost look like water drops. Very Cool!


Zane didn't like how I tore the paper. He said "Oh No, you ripped your paper". Of course I had to enlighten him that it was meant to be that way!


The stars are from the Close To My Heart July Stamp of the Month set. If you haven't checked it out yet, it is a very fun set full of images to celebrate 4th of July! I am sure you will see the stars show up on some sports layouts in the future. I used my trusty black sharpie and drew a black line around them, then added a few stickle dots to give them some pop on all this busy paper.

I hope you enjoyed my creation today! Enjoy the rest your weekend.

Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment