Pages

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

3rd post of the day!

I must be making of for missed weekly posts.... Not really, just a lot of planning going on. January is an awesome month so far! I have started the New Year with good solid plans for a happy positive year ahead. I am looking forward to embracing each day with whatever challenges I may face with a smile and positive attitude.

First and foremost, I will take the time each day to give my kids and husband all of my attention they desire. It won't be long before Tyler and Emily are to busy with their friends to hang out with mom. It is already happening, Tyler in his room, listening to music, making plans with his friends, etc. I remember these days as a teenager. So, I will take every minute I can get with them. Even if that means I am updating the blog, doing scrapbooking projects at 11:00 pm while everyone is sleeping.

Some fun scrappy inspiration for this week....

I pulled out these pictures of Emily and was imediately taken back to 2006. Emily 7 years on Easter day, so cute and giggly. She still has most of her baby teeth, all excited to be wearing a pretty dress and have her hair curled. I haven't figured out the journaling yet. I am trying to convince Zane to write something. He keeps looking at the page and making comments about remember this, remember that.... I told him he should write a little note to Emily, we will see..

The papers are from a So Sophie line by MME. I really love how the flowers turned out. They are from the Flower Pot set (D1409) on Desert Sand Cardstock, then colored in with Copics. The shading on the Desert Sand Cardstock gives such a nice vintage look. I love them. I have been playing with this set a lot this week. Lots of fun with all the little flower pots and flower choices. I think some flower soft on the images would turn out wonderful as well.


The title is stamped on some of the So Sophie patterned paper with the Posterboard stamp set (E1014) then cut out. This stamp set is one of my go to favorites for alphabets. I love the versatility of it. I was thinking about it, and threw together this little example of a few ways to alter the look quickly. Hard to believe these are all from one letter E stamp.

I love that this set is an outline of the letter, and easy to cut out. I used some stitching, stamped on cardstock, stamped on pattern paper, filled it in with a sentiment stamp, added some brads, used it as a mask. plus several other quick techniques to change it up. The border at the bottom is from just stamping the "legs" of the E in a row. Even with all the Cricut and Quikutz alphabets I have, I find myself using this set quite often.



While browsing through the new CTMH Idea book that goes live on February 1st, I keep seeing this little technique. I had to try it out. A little homemade faux ribbon. just fold a 1/2" strip of paper or cardstock, adhere, and voila! Instant texture and dimension on the page without looking for that perfect shade of ribbon. Of course I had to add a little extra detail with some hand stitching.

A little sneak peak at a tutorial I am working on.... I am learning how to make some quick and easy homemade flowers.


Come back next week for the full details on each one.

1 comment:

  1. What inspiration you are Angie, Love the pictures page you did of Emily and it would be nice for Zane to write in it.
    Can't wait to see the paper flowers in person.

    ReplyDelete